Whoa. How did this happen? Creative DIY blogger Miss Marzipan nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Miss Marzipan – I cannot thank you enough for your donation to the HER foundation and your continuous support and love for HGers! You are an inspiration in what you are doing to raise awareness for charities and donating to them on behalf of your little “cupcake.” Best wishes for a smooth rest of your pregnancy and many prayers for a safe delivery for your “cupcake”!
I just started blogging a couple months ago. It’s funny…it’s always been on my bucket list to publish a novel or a blog. I never would have imagined blogging about HG and to get an award for it! I’m truly touched and thankful for so many of you who have reached out to me and encouraged me throughout my HG journey.
Below are the rules for the Very Inspiring Blog Award so please follow carefully:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements
Seven things that you, perhaps, didn’t know about me:
- I don’t know how to swim! I am hoping my hubby will be able to teach me soon – he used to be in the navy so he’s well-qualified.
- I went skydiving when I was a college freshman. It was based on a dare! Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I’m glad to have done when I was younger!
- I have the worst sense of direction. I got lost going to my own wedding…
- I hate cilantro with a passion. Yuck!
- My dream vacation would be to go to Italy! And eat tons of pizza and pasta there.
- We have a two year old Australian shepherd and Lab mix named Cole. He does this peculiar thing where he whines when my husband gives our daughter a bath. We have no idea why he does that!
- My favorite authors are Jane Austen and L.M. Montgomery.
My 15 nominations:
- God loves Eliana – Baby Eliana was born on June 20th. She has a chromosome 18p depletion and was born with a cleft lip/palate and heart abnormalities. I am truly inspired and amazed by Eliana’s mom’s faith despite the many difficulties of raising a child with special needs. Love & prayers for Eliana and may God continue to strengthen this family with His grace! Please check out her blog and support this beautiful family!
- Post Loss Confessions – a heartbreaking blog about a mama who battled Hyperemesis Gravidarum and ended up with a stillborn daughter. I’m so thankful for her painfully honest confessions as she grieves her daughter Hannah. It is a reminder to me everyday that I cannot take my pregnancy for granted and to be grateful that my baby is alive & well today despite the HG. Love & prayers for you and yours and good luck as you TTC!
- BabyGlende – chronicles the ups and downs of mommyhood, all the while trying to glorify God through motherhood and marriage. She inspires me to do the same!
- Joyful Recollections – a beautiful photo blog by an HG survivor & Beyond Morning Sickness volunteer. Thank you for all the love, Hilary!
- Melissa Goes to Indo – a travel blog started by another volunteer for Beyond Morning Sickness. Melissa decided to resign from a successful job in NY and leave her comfortable life in the US to journey back to her homeland, Indonesia. Her journey will be from December 2012 through April 2013!
- jRox Designs – crafty and creative DIY inspirations by an HG survivor.
- Iron Dad Blog – this Iron dad is dedicating his triathlon race effort to his wife who is an HG survivor. He is raising awareness for Hyperemesis Gravidarum and hopes to raise $5000 for Hyperemesis education and research!
- HG Survivor – a fellow HG blog which encourages others going through Hyperemesis
- Island of Grief, Mountain of Joy – a brutally honest story of HG and subsequent termination. This is such an important story for us HGers to hear! Thank you so much for your bravery in sharing your story. It is a reminder of the horrific nightmare that HG is…
- Hyperemesis 2 – this tough mama chronicles the journey of her fourth HG pregnancy
- Just One More… – another brave mom who is pregnant with her fourth child and battling HG currently. Also shares her story about infertility and IVF.
- Knocked Up, Knocked Over – journal of a 2 time HG survivor. She has a useful HG protocol and also writes about attachment parenting, breastfeeding, extended breastfeeding, lactivism, natural birth, and green living.
- Whining Puker – this blogger shares her research on HG treatment
- It’s a crazy (good) life… – an adorable mommy blog. She shares about her battle with HG and its complications including PICC line infections, pulmonary embolisms , and preterm labor! I am inspired by her strength and faith as a fellow HG survivor.
- My Hyperemesis – information about HG and postpartum residual nausea
Many thanks to Miss Marzipan for the award! Please check out her fabulous, mouth-watering recipes!